Thank you to everyone who has attended our
in-person services during this pandemic.
Please note: On Campus Sunday Morning Worship Services are back for our regularly scheduled times. Please visit our Welcome Page on this website for more information.
Online worship Services are available as a live stream for the 9:30 am Contemporary and 11:00 am Traditional worship services on our YouTube channel. These services will also be available to watch at a later time, also on our YouTube channel.
We are constantly reevaluating and looking for
ways to make our church services accessible to everyone during the COVID-19 pandemic, while also understanding there are a wide array of beliefs regarding how we should
and should not reopen.
For the safety of everyone gathering for worship and other events, we are requesting everyone who enters the St. Stephen’s UMC campus wear a mask until further notice.
In addition, we are continuing to follow the below guidelines when the church building is open:
- We follow all social distancing guidelines. As a general rule, maintain distance between you and any other person who is not in your household. Respect the wishes of others by not touching, hugging, or invading the personal space of anyone else.
- We ask that you stay home if sick. If you or anyone in your household is sick, or if you have been in contact with another person who currently has (or very recently had) a fever or respiratory illness, please stay home.
- We continue to clean and disinfect heavy use areas. Our cleaning procedures are in line with the state’s guidelines.
- We currently have in-person Children's Sunday School for elementary school-aged children during the 9:30 am service for those who are comfortable attending. If you prefer not to have your children attend in-person yet, we offer Zoom lessons during that time as well.
- We currently have in-person Youth Group, as well as on Zoom. Dates vary; please email Jo Anderson, Director of Children and Youth Ministries, for more information.
- Our tentative plan regarding Solid Grounds re-opening for live shows on Saturdays. Currently, the re-opening has been postponed. When we do re-open, it will be at 6:00 pm instead of the usual 6:30 pm, since we need to screen people as they enter. Everyone will be required to wear a mask; patrons will be supplied masks if they show up without one. Social distancing will be required. There will be directional signs outside and inside to help people comply. Since singing is a 'super spreader' activity, mics will be sterilized between shows, plexi-glasses will be installed, and tables will also be sterilized between shows. In addition, the audience will be a safe distance from the singer/stage. Touch-free sanitizer stations have been installed, temperatures will be taken via a thermometer as patrons arrive, servers will be required to wear gloves, and packaged snacks and bottled water will be served (we comply with NM COVID-safe guidelines for restaurants). In addition, we will continue to offer e-Solid Grounds on our Solid Grounds YouTube channel.
- We will continue to have a live stream of our worship services. When the church re-opens on Jan. 17, 2021, please join us in-person if you feel comfortable doing so, but if you would rather view services from your home, you will still have the option to watch LIVE on our YouTube channel. If you would rather watch at your convenience, you can see services after they have been uploaded on our YouTube channel. The 9:30 am Contemporary and 11:00 am Traditional services are streamed each week.
- Our Small Groups will continue to provide the opportunities to stay in touch with one another as well as a time for spiritual growth, faith development, service, and prayers. Our small group leaders are continuing to stay in touch in a variety of ways, including meeting together within the current guidelines of the health order, via Zoom, phone, and email with some small groups being able to meet at the church with meeting areas being cleaned regularly at that time. Both day and evening groups are available, including Sunday morning adult Sunday School at 9:30 and 11:00 am, women’s groups, men’s groups, couples and mixed groups, and special interest groups. (Please email Martha Benn if you'd like to get connected to a small group, or simply stop by the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings when the church re-opens.) Connections make a difference -- and small groups provide an opportunity to connect!
If you have questions or concerns, please call (505) 293-9673 to speak with a pastor or staff member.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.